Sunday, August 1, 2010

Summer Tea




I don't know about where you're living, but in Texas it's hot outside. One of the nice things about all of this sunshine (and in our case sunshine and rain) is you can go out and grow stuff, like herbs. So why not make herb sun tea? I remember my mom used to always make a bunch of sun tea during the summer. She'd throw some tea leaves into a huge glass container and let it sit out of the all afternoon. She swears you can get the same result by pouring scalding hot water over the tea, and then pouring ice in immediately after. I think the taste is a lot more mellow when it's been out in the sun.

The Design*Sponge blog suggested mixing several herbs together and then adding simple syrup. For my batch of herbal sun tea, I put in oregano, mint, rosemary, lemongrass, ginger and lemon peels. Pour that over ice with a little bit of sugar, and drink up! I bet it would taste good with a little bit of rum, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment